Business Home Page Get A Quote Our Team Auto Home Life

Everyone should evaluate their need for flood insurance.  Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) in any community that participates in the program.  The NFIP website at has lots of information for consumers.  Although flood insurance is administered by a federal program, private insurers sell the policies.  An insurance agent can tell you if your community is part of NFIP and advise you on coverage.  This is also a good time to ask your agent if you have coverage for damage casued by a sewer or drain backup.  Coverage for backup of sewers and drains is an endorsement that can be added to your policy.

Flood insurance is available to protect homes, condominiums, apartments and non residential buildings, including commercial structures and contents.  NFIP offers basement flood coverage for structural elements, essential equipment and other basic items normally located in a basement.  NFIP encourages people to purchase both building and contents coverage for the broadest protection.

Information for this blog entry was taken from an Ohio Dept. of Insurance Communication dated March 14, 2013.
Posted 3:24 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version
Home Page Our Products Our Carriers Calculators Newsletters FAQs Videos Glossary Blog