Business Home Page Get A Quote Our Team Auto Home Life

Information for this post is being taken from an email received from the Ohio Department of Insurance on 12/18/15.

Auto Insurance:  A visiting relative or friend is in an accident while driving your vehicle.  Auto insurance coverage follows either the vehicle or the operator, so your car should generally be covered.  Policy language will determine if the owner or the operator's policy is primary.  Please be aware that if you only have liability coverage and the operator of your vehicle slides off the road or damages your vehicle in any other way you most likely won't have coverage to repair your vehicle.  On a side note some of our company's have changed policy language regarding which policy is primary for liability coverage. 

Homeowner Insurance:  Someone steals holiday decorations from your front yard.   Under a standard homeowners insurance policy, decorations are generally covered, subject to your policy deductible and coverage limits. 

Presents are stolen from your home or your vehicle.  Standard homeowners and renters insurance policies provide coverage for the theft of gifts, subject to your policy deductible and coverage limits.  Some auto insurance policies also provide coverage.  Should this happen to you, talk with your insurance agent or company to find out which policy you should file your claim.  If you have comprehensive (other than collision) coverage on your auto insurance policy, the cost to repair the damage should be covered and subject to the deductible.

Someone slips and falls on your icy driveway.  A standard homeowners insurance policy can provide limited medical payment coverage when your guest needs medical attention.  A standard homeowners insurance policy will also provide liability coverage should the guest seek compensation for additional damages.

A kitchen accident or holiday candle causes a house fire.  A standard homeowner policy will cover your home and belongings destroyed by a fire, up to the policy limits and subject to your policy deductible.  Standard homeowner policies typically provide additional living expenses if you are unable to live in your home due to damage from a fire or other disaster.

Please contact your insurance agent or company with any concerns or questions regarding what your insurance policy will cover.

Posted 2:48 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version
Home Page Our Products Our Carriers Calculators Newsletters FAQs Videos Glossary Blog